If you were a driver involved in an accident that was not or wholly your fault, you may be entitled to put a claim of compensation forward for;

  • Damage
  • Injuries
  • Loss of income

If the accident was caused by the road being in a dangerous condition and not by a user of the roads you may be eligible to make a claim. The Highways Authorities / County Council have a duty to maintain the roads and if they have failed in their duty and you sustained an injury or loss as a result, you may be entitled to compensation.
If you were injured as a result of the accident then in order to pursue a claim, you must first submit an application to the Injuries Board for an assessment of your injuries.
We highly recommend you seek the guidance of a solicitor to help you fill out the Injuries Board form. If you have any quires on the process of starting a claim, then Contact Houlihan Solicitors on 061 502 090 or email www.houlihansolicitors.ie for a qualified solicitor’s legal advice.