If a Mother or baby is injured during childbirth birth due to due error or poor care by hands of a hospital, parents may be eligible to make a birth injury claim. Some examples of birth injuries to Mothers are:
- Perineal tears – third and fourth degree
- Wrongly performed Episiotomies
- Mistakes in suturing tears or Episiotomies
- Injuries to organs from Caesarean sections or failing to recognise damage at the time
- Retained swabs
- Anesthetic errors
- Errors in managing Pre-eclampsia
Examples of Birth injuries to Babies:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Brain injuries
- Fractures to the skull, legs, arm, shoulder and collarbone
- Cuts and scars
- Hip dysplasia
If you or your baby has suffered as a result of either poor care during pregnancy or errors made during the birth, then Houlihan Solicitors is here to help. Taking a Medical Negligence damages action with the right team behind you can help with all the stress and worry and make life a lot easier for your family.
*In contentious Business, Solicitors may not calculate fees as a percentage of any award or settlement.