If you are unable to work due to an injury, you are entitled to seek illness benefit from the State.   This payment is paid for up to a maximum of 2 years provided that you have enough tax contributions made in the previous years.    Alternatively, you should reach out to your employer to see if there is a sick pay scheme in operation that you may be able to avail of for the first few weeks or months.